Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2009

UNESCO PUBLICATION

UNESCO, the educational subsidiary of UNITED NATIONS
I was deeply honored to be interviewed and have several of my signature “earth art” photographs chosen by the UNESCO editors and author for inclusion in the 2009 UNESCO publication, “Geotourism & Local Development” in a chapter entitled “Geology and Art, an Unorthodox Perspective.” In particular, I was profoundly gratified that two of the signature photographic images chosen for this UNESCO publication were the naturally sculpted, powerful and healing image of the “Vagina” from my “Erotic Nature,” collection as well as the stirring image of “The Shaman,” from my “Primitive Nature” collection.

Additional 2009 Publication: In light of the author’s geo-artistic interests and desire to engage people with the earth in new and compelling ways, UNESCO paleontologist Andrea Baucon, Geopark Naturtejo Meseta Meridional, Portugal traces a compelling history of Geology in Art beginning with the works of Leonardo daVinci. As well, I am deeply grateful to have also been interviewed and included in an equally important and pioneering publication entitled “Geology in Art; An Unorthodox Path from Visual Arts to Music.” Link to this publication (top-right). I hope you enjoy – it is a pioneering work that is well worth reading.